What is hypnobirthing all about – and how can it help me?
Hypnobirthing is for everyone who is looking for a better way to birth. It’s about making your birth a positive experience for you, no matter your circumstances.
Giving birth is among life’s most significant moments – so it makes sense to put time and effort into preparing for it. It’s so normal for women in our society to feel unsure, apprehensive or even terrified of giving birth. But it doesn’t have to be that way!
Hypnobirthing is about having the knowledge that allows you to feel in control, the tools to allow you to feel calm, and the support and preparation that allow you to draw on everything you’ve learned when you need it most.
I’m so passionate about The Positive Birth Program because it has already helped so many ordinary couples achieve extraordinary births. All you need to do is read through the many amazing hypnobirth stories to see how women just like you have been able to overcome their fears and have a wonderful birthing experience.
The course covers everything you need to prepare for birth, and is underpinned by the belief that when you harness the power of the mind-body connection, you are able to remain calm and in control during labour and birth. In the course you will learn:
- Knowledge about pregnancy, labour & birth: Gain a deeper understanding of bodily and hormonal changes during each stage and exactly how the uterus and cervix work to prepare the way for your baby. Learn how to best prepare your body for birth, naturally induce labour, and activate the hormones that facilitate easy birthing.
- Relaxation: Discover how to create a relaxing birthing environment, including using music and scent for birth relaxation. Learn the importance of facial relaxation, breathing for relaxation, as well as techniques to make your surges more comfortable. Use instant relaxation and positive visualisations for pregnancy, birth, and breastfeeding.
- Breathing techniques: Learn three breathing techniques for each stage of labour/birth. Surge breathing allows you to work with, not against, your body as the intensity increases and your body makes way for your baby. Learn birth breathing so that you can feel in control when you feel the urge to bear down.
- Self-hypnosis: Learn the causes of fear and how it affects our labour. Use birthing affirmations, self-hypnosis tracks, and hypnotic anchors and triggers to reprogram the subconscious for empowered birthing.
- Massage & Acupressure: Practice releasing endorphins through massage and touch. Learn how to apply acupressure techniques for pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding.
- Advocating for your best birth: Understand the role of the caregiver and choices in maternity care. Learn how to prepare your birth preferences and ask questions of your care provider. Gain an insight into the common interventions and procedures and how to make your birth as natural as possible.
The course is completely comprehensive, not only teaching the strategies, but how to bring them all together when you most need it. It’s the best investment you can make for you and your baby.